Lonnie Lee- The Definitive Original Collection Vol 1 - ST815
The Definitive Original Collection Vol 1 - ST815 This is truly an historic CD set! 26 original Lonnie Lee tracks from his first releases in 1959 to 1964 when he released through Leedon and Lee Gordon Records. This is their first release since the originals! The songs are from many of his albums as well as some of his many Gold No1 hits. The 2 CD set also features a CD-Rom which can be put into a PC computer where one can see video of him on Six O'clock Rock at 19, a performance in Little Darlin's RnR Palace in Florida, on TV with J.OK and more, plus stories, memorabilia photographs, lyrics and also the music. This is the first time in OZ music history that a CD-Rom has become available for one of the original Superstars of OZ Rock. A true look at Oz music history. The tracks are the original ones recorded from 1959 to 1964 and have been carefully digitally mastered and noise reduced to preserve the warmth and ambience of vinyl. Tracks include Starlight Starbright, Sit around and talk, When the bells stop ringing, Ain't it so, Walkin' and Talkin', Put your arms around me, Baby let's play house, Walkin' in the rain, Dirty dirty feelin', Frankfort Special, Teenage Idol plus many, many more. Also includes 4 of The Leemen instrumentals such as their great hit 'Johnny Guitar'.
Lonnie Lee The Definitive Original Collection –The Leedon Years 1959 -1964 - VOLUME 1
1. That’s all right – From his first recording EP ‘ This is Lonnie Lee’ Very different from Elvis’ or other versions of song. With The Leemen
2. Rosaleen - From his first recording EP ‘ This is Lonnie Lee’ Written by his blind piano/ sax player Claude Papesch
3. My first day - From his first recording EP ‘ This is Lonnie Lee’ Written by his blind piano/ sax player Claude Papesch – Australia’s first violin section in pop hit
4. Starlight Starbright – Written by John Marascalco who wrote Reddy Teddy, Rip it up etc and Lonnie’s new 2005 single ‘Can’t you see it in my eyes’ from the album ‘Light of Love’.
5. Walkin’ and Talkin’ – Rockabilly great
6. Johnny Guitar Australia’s first Instrumental Hit (instrumental) Theme from the movie – The Leemen’s lead guitarist, Peter Bazley plays lead guitar.
7. I gotta know From album ‘A night out with Lonnie Lee’
8. Ruby baby From album ‘A night out with Lonnie Lee’
9. Every little girl From album ‘A night out with Lonnie Lee’
10. Put your arms around me From album ‘A night out with Lonnie Lee’ Got to #1 in Perth
11. Sunday – Written by Jerry Jay Wilder one of Lonnie’s protégés
12. Sit around and talk – By Nat Kipner
13. Maison Dixon line The Leemen (instrumental)
14. Baby lets play house – Rockabilly from his 1960 album ‘A night out with Lonnie Lee’
15. Walkin’ in the rain – Unique version of Johnnie Ray hit – One of Lonnie’s favs of the time
16. I’ll never let you go From album ‘A night out with Lonnie Lee’
17. Goofus The Leemen (instrumental) Chet Atkins favoutrite
18. You are the one – Written by members of J.OK’s Dee Jays
19. Ain’t it so – Written by Lonnie and J.OK 1959 and this was his first #1 hit.
20. When the bells stop ringing – Top 10 HIT Lonnie’s 8th Hit Single
21. Frankfort Special - From album of same name
22. Dirty Dirty feelin’ - From album ‘A night out with Lonnie Lee’
23. That’s when your heartaches From album ‘A night out with Lonnie Lee’
24. Hucklebuck The Leemen (instrumental) Dave Scott sax
25. Teenage Idol – From the Sing Sing Sing TV Show
26. Don’t it make you wanna go home – From Bandstand TV Show
We hope you enjoy this product and if you do, please come back and leave a Review.
We would also appreciate you tell your friends and your radio stations about our site and our products, as main stream record stores do not support us independents.
We rely on people like you to spread the word to help cover the costs of our productions.
Many thanks again and we hope you come back and visit us.